If you are really passionate about writing your own content then consider creating something that will provide solutions to some of the common homeowners’ problems in your farm.
For example, if your real estate farm is in the region with humid climate, then you may know that many of home owners have a mold problem.
- Do a research and find out the best ways to deal with this problem.
- Find out if there are inexpensive ways like ozone shocking device, for example, to prevent mold or destroy it without hiring a contractor.
- Write a detailed article on that subject and post it on your website but not include absolutely all information on the subject.
- In addition to that compile a comparison list of local companies that deal with mold problems.
- For this you may get a subscription for AngiesList.com and make 3-4 calls to companies from Yellow Pages.
- Make a PDF ebook with ALL information on the subject, your comparison chart and offer it as a FREE download in exchange for email address and opting-in for your future emails.
Now, order a custom real estate newsletter where you will feature a short version of the article on dealing with mold problems. In 1-2 places of this short version of the article and at the very end of it post links to the full web version of the same article with the words like “For a comparison list of local specialists with quality ratings go to: www.mywebsite.com/get-rid-of-mold/.”
Provide QR code for people to go there without typing web link.
Once clients will go to your website page to read the article they will be compelled to download a free ebook.
In this case you will gain a few things:
- Client’s email address;
- A visitor to your website (Search Engines will notice that);
- A chance that some visitors will bookmark your web page;
- A chance that some homeowners will share this link with friends, neighbors and relatives;
- Clients will remember your name if this information is genuinely helpful;
- Your “neighborhood expert” status will improve;
- You may get leads;
Of course, you should not limit your real estate newsletter content to the subjects that deal only with home problems.
Besides that you may offer fun and educational articles on remodeling, gardening, or buying vacation properties etc.
By following the exact steps mentioned above some top real estate producers in 2-3 years build solid expert reputation and huge email lists in completely new farms.
The secret ingredient in this real estate marketing method is CUSTOM newsletter connected with the content on your website.
The biggest mistake that most the real estate agents do is going with cheaper generic versions where the only customizable area is the basic agent’s contact information.
This is why you hear from a great number of these agents that newsletters don’t work.
Of course, they don’t!
All of them go straight to the trash.
They have no relevancy to the problems and interests of local communities.
They are not designed to be working closely with your website for collecting emails, providing value to local residents and establishing agent’s reputation as a local expert!
They lack personal touch and are printed in full color on glossy paper which is associated with junk mail.
On the other hand many marketing experts regard custom real estate marketing newsletters and other custom materials as the only way to stand out of the crowd and establishing yourself as a local real estate expert.
During the last 10 years focus of Real Estate farming has changed dramatically from just getting direct leads and referrals from your printed marketing materials to engaging in different ways and levels of interaction with potential clients benefiting both sides.
Don’t be trapped in the old ways of marketing; don’t spend thousands of dollars on billboards or marketing specialists guaranteeing top search engine positions for your website!
The answer is rather simple and it is in front of you – follow Real estate market leaders, learn from their experience and replicate their systems!
Please, don’t forget though that this is up to you what kind of content your newsletter will provide for your clients. Try to identify the most common needs and problems in your farm.
If you are too busy and don’t have time to create real estate newsletter with custom content relevant to your local farm, you may hire professional writers on several freelance websites like textbroker, elance of fiverr who will research those subjects and write articles and ebooks.
Examples of real estate newsletter content:
- Local Just Listed and Just Sold properties.
- Every home owner needs a reliable and affordable handyman.
- Find out several businesses in your farm and write about their services.
- Do the same about local plumbers (with AngiesList’s rating).
- Do the same about local air conditioner and heating specialists.
- Do the same about gardeners and lawn services.
- Do the same about local babysitters.
- Do the same about remodeling contractors etc.
- Write about the most affordable and exotic places for vacation.
- Write about unusual and unique homes.
- Write about the best places to buy the second home.
Almost all of the above, besides Just Listed and Just Sold listings, requires research, time and effort.
Remember that if you’d like to take advantage of collecting email addresses from new clients, then work on your website and ebooks first!